Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cheater Cookies~So Easy, It Feels Like You're Cheating at Cooking

This recipe was given to me years ago, when I was a young bride. I love them because they are versatile, take very few ingredients, and oh so tasty. I made dozens of these once for an after-concert and signing party for Jacqi Valesquez and Clay Crosse (they were just getting started and I managed a Christian Bookstore). When I take these to an event, they always disappear.

Are you ready for the ingredient list?

Cheater Cookies

1 box cake mix (your choice)
1 egg
2 c. Cool Whip
powdered sugar

Combine cake mix, egg and Cool Whip. Drop by teaspoonful into powdered sugar and roll until covered. Shape into balls. Place 1-inch apart on a greased cookie sheet or baking stone. Do not flatten. Bake 350* for 9-10 minutes, until set but not browned. Cool on a wire rack. Store in a loosely covered container (or they will get hard). Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

I have used chocolate, lemon, strawberry, spice, and butter pecan cake mixes. My favorites are chocolate and lemon. Strawberry is pretty for a bridal or baby shower. When using spice mix, I like to add cinnamon. These cookies are soft, chewy and wonderful. They spread as they cook, giving them a wonderful crinkled appearance. Enjoy!

This post is linked to the Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails