Monday, November 9, 2009

Super Fast Ham Steak With Apples

My family gets excited when they smell this cooking. The aroma is fantastic. It is one of the quickest meals in my repertoire, from gathering ingredients to table in about 20 minutes. I found this one on my favorite recipe site, Recipezaar. I like to add a green vegetable, and occasionally a starch to round out the meal.


Brown Sugar Ham Steak with Apples
Serves 4

2 T. Butter
1/4 C. Brown Sugar, packed
2 T. Grainy Mustard
3 Tart Apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped (I've used Cortland and Winesap)
1 lb. (or larger) Ham Steak

Melt butter on medium heat in large skillet. Add brown sugar and mustard, whisk to blend. Add apples and toss. Simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer apples to a bowl. Place ham steak in skillet and top with apples. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.

There are seldom any leftovers!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've been a busy girl today. I love the new blog look. And you've got a few "ads" up too. Cool. Yep. We love ham steak too. I usually do it with a brown sugar/pineapple sauce, but the apples look really good too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails