Sunday, November 15, 2009

Giving Thru Christmas Challenge-Day 8

I struggled today with what to do. So, while at the grocery store picking up my papers(COUPONS!), I also picked up a few canned goods and dropped them in the bin for their food drive.

I am discovering that if you intentionally look for opportunities to bless people, you will find them. A couple of hours ago a friend called and I was able to give her a hand with something as well.

I feel that there must be much around me that I am missing. It is my prayer that God will help me to shed my blinders so that I can truly see the need around me...because I know that it is there.

I would truly love to hear about ways that you are finding to bless others. If you don't want to "toot your own horn", leave a comment anonymously. This isn't about lifting ourselves up, it is about encouraging each other to recognize the need in the world around us. And remember, ultimately it is about reflecting the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails