Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Giving Thru Christmas Challenge-Day 3

I spent some time at my oldest boy's school today. There are several opportunities to give through our elementary school each year via food, coat and toy drives. Right now they are collecting toys for children who are hospitalized with long-term illness. So, I dropped off a new, unwrapped toy for this worthy cause. (Found a great deal on a classic game!)

Before I go any further with these posts I want to explain that I'm not trying to "toot my own horn" by sharing the ways that we find to give each day. Rather, my purpose is two-fold: to keep me accountable to doing something every day, and to share ideas that some of you may be able to use.

So far, these have been pretty simple ideas. I hope to get a little more creative as the season moves forward.

If you aren't familiar with the challenge, read A Season of Giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails