Saturday, November 14, 2009

Giving Thru Christmas Challenge-Day 7

My latest gift was time. My grandfather is diabetic, has heart issues and is on a strict diet. My grandmother works hard to prepare meals for him that are healthy and tasteful. She had been purchasing a wonderful sugar-free syrup for him at a local store, but it had disappeared from the shelves. Since I live in another state, I have looked for it in Maryland as well. It crossed my mind yesterday that I might be able to find it online. And guess what? I found it, for a lesser price than when it was available locally. It took about 15 minutes of my day to locate and order what they have been looking for. I know this is not a huge deal...but it sure will bring a smile to his face when I take it home during Christmas.

I have to share this, I received a wonderful gift myself today. My precious hubby swept me away for 24 hours to a lovely Inn, Antrim 1844. What a blessing he is! Leisurely meals and coffee by the fire with my best friend. Okay, I'll stop gushing now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails