Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Tribute to My Valentine


When I consider the directions that my life could have gone, in fact...how it almost went...I am in awe of where I am right now.

I met my husband when I was 12. He was 14, and he thought I was a little kid. We were friends for many years, seeing each other only occassionally, until I was 18. Suddenly the age difference (all two years of it) wasn't such a big deal to him any more. We started dating a few months after I graduated.

We married days after I turned 20. That was 15 years ago. It is hard to believe that it has been that long. And yet, so many things have happened over those years.

He is my best friend...

My heart still flutters when he puts on cowboy boots...

He is an amazing father...

He sings beautifully, I love his voice...

He sacrifices much to care for our family...

He loves God first and me second, for this I am thankful...


I want to share an example of how amazing he is. In the past week he has spent countless hours working in blizzard conditions to keep our roof cleaned off so there would be no risk of collapse, digging out the heat pump so that it would keep working, and clearing the driveway so that we could get out in an emergency.


And yet, on his first opportunity to get out of the house after the storms passed, he brought me these "to remind me that Spring is on the way."


I am truly blessed, I love you Sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails