Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Apocalypse....Again!


The past five days have been truly hard to comprehend. I told you about Snow Apocalypse Part 1 HERE. Well, for the first time in recorded history, the Mid-Atlantic region has been hit with two blizzards in one week. Have I mentioned how rare blizzard conditions are here?

Here is a photo of the wheelbarrow that I used for perspective in the Storm #1, the photo was taken yesterday before Storm #2 hit. We've had 3-4 inches of melting/settling.


Here is the exact same shot now, at 5:30 pm. It is under there, I promise.

We had 30 inches of snow on the ground from the first storm, at this point we have 20inches of new snow. It is supposed to continue until 10:00 tonight. The Weather Channel is comparing Storm #2 to a Category 1 hurricane. Over 4 feet of snow has fallen in one week. How crazy is this?

So, here I sit buried in snow...in a place that usually sees 11 inches annually. And, guess what...more snow on Monday! I've been transported to Siberia! So, I've decided to hibernate. See you in May! ;)

I will post one more photo in the morning along with a final accumulation total.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails