Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Unbaked, No-Bake, Preacher Cookies



I've seen these cookies called everything under the sun. I don't care what you call them, they are my all-time favorite cookie...ever...in the world...in the universe...

It took me 5 years to get these right. Not because they are difficult, mind you. Nope...it was because my recipe was missing a step. My frustration grew with each gooey, runny batch. Now I can't even remember what was missing. What I do remember is miming the "I coulda had a V8" move when it finally hit me to look at another recipe for the same cookie. Yep, it was glaring at me, right there...used the new recipe and it worked like magic. Yes, they are magical cookies. **grins**

Unbaked, No-Bake, Preacher Cookies

2 C. Sugar
1 Stick Butter
1/2 C. Cocoa Powder
1/2 C. Milk
1/2 C. Crunchy Peanut Butter
3 C. Quick Oats
1 tsp. Vanilla

Before starting, prep an area to spoon out the cookies. I like to put a towel on my kitchen table, top that with some waxed paper, and then add a hot pad to set the saucepan on. Also, get out your scooper. I use a mini-ice cream scoop, but you can use a teaspoon as well.

Dump the sugar, butter, cocoa and milk into a medium saucepan. Bring to a full, rolling boil. Boil hard for one minute, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and stir until melted. Add oatmeal and vanilla and mix well.

Drop onto waxed paper and allow to cool.

Yield: 4 dozen (by the teaspoon full)

These are not good for your waistline, in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails