Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Treats


I signed up to bring the sweet treat for my preschooler's Spring Party this week. After the last party (Valentine's ~ Remember the Conversation Heart Cupcakes?), one of the teachers mentioned that she had consumed 4 cupcakes that week. (They have multiple classes, each of which has it's own party.) She wasn't complaining at all, just stating the facts. As much as I love cupcakes, I have to think that gets old after a while. So, I decided to change things up a bit for this party.

Rice Krispy Treat Eggs

3 T. Butter
1 Bag Marshmallows
6 Cups Rice Krispies
1/2 Pkg. of White Almond Bark
Sprinkles

Make Rice Krispy Treat recipe by melting butter on low heat in a large pot. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Dump in Rice Krispies and mix well. Then, with buttered hands and a small ice cream scoop, scoop out and form the mixture into an egg shape. Press it together so that it will hold it's shape. I put mine on a silpat to set up, but you can use waxed paper (either way, put it on a cookie sheet so that they can be transferred to the fridge later).

Wait about 30 minutes. Then, chop up the almond bark into small blocks. Place in a microwaveable bowl (avoid shallow bowls, you want to be able to dip the eggs easily) and cook at 30 second intervals, stirring after each. When it is completely melted, dip the bottom half of each egg in the candy coating and top with sprinkles. Dip only three or four at a time, to be sure that your sprinkles stick. Allow to cool, then pop them in the fridge for about 10 minutes to harden.

I then placed mine in an airtight container in the fridge. Be sure to enjoy them within 24 hours for the best quality.

I saw this idea somewhere this week...it could have been a commercial or a magazine, I just can't remember. But, I did find a version on a Kellog's site HERE. So, the idea was theirs. I just gave it my twist :)

By the way, this is the first time I've ever sculpted Rice Krispy Treats...a couple of them came out pretty wonky. Gotta HATE it when that happens. I have it on pretty good authority that these taste really good. ~wink~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails