Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving Challenge


Last year I attempted to find some way to give, large or small, every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My intention was to, in a more intentional way, create a culture of giving within our family.

I still think this is a good idea, and I intend to do it again this year. The one thing that I want to avoid, though, is reserving this activity to the holiday season. I know that realistically I won't be able to find something new to do every day of the year. But, it takes 21 days of repetitive action to create a habit. If we keep giving at the forefront of our minds during the holidays, we should start the new year with a habit of giving.

I hope to post a new idea for giving every day between the Holidays, and then continue posting occassional ideas throught 2011. So, be looking for my first giving post on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails