Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Challenge ~ Extra Groceries


I know many of us are stockpilers. And, I know that many of us take the opportunity this time of year to share from our stockpiles with worthy organizations. Even as a stockpiler, I found the following to be a great and inexpensive way to give.

Recently, while in one of the grocery stores that I frequent, I noticed a stack of boxes near the register that contained a good supply of dry goods, like rice and baking mix, all neatly packaged and ready to purchase for $4.99. The boxes that are purchased are collected by the store and then delivered to local food banks that are a part of Feeding America.

There were several things that I loved about this opportunity. First, the boxes were well-thought out and nicely packaged. The price point is reasonable and easily "paid for" with my savings from a couple of coupons. The food is going to people in my community. And, Feeding America is "the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity".

I would encourage you to keep an eye out for these boxes in your own grocery stores. It really is a painless way to help someone in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails